Our Client, a CPA firm providing a range of accounting and advisory services to growing mid-sized businesses, is looking for a skilled Remote Tax Staff Accountant to join their team.
Full time, W2
Location: REMOTE within the US
The primary role of the Remote Tax Staff Accountant is to maximize the businesses’ opportunity for fulfillment and growth. A Remote Tax Staff Accountant builds relationships with new clients and manages relationships with existing ones while meeting time and revenue budgets and workflow deadlines of assigned tasks. A successful Remote Tax Staff Accountant will have a high level of intellectual curiosity to identify gaps, growth, and other potential for the client.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and/or an equivalent professional tax preparation and accounting experience
- 3+ years’ experience with tax preparation of individual, partnership, and corporate tax returns
- A licensed CPA would be desirable
- Other additional and relevant qualifications could include qualifications in business management and information technology
- Working knowledge of accounting software platforms with the ability to reconcile general ledger accounts
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining client relationships
- Personal integrity – ability to keep client and company confidences
- Prepare US income tax returns for individuals, partnerships, and corporations
- Attend client tax planning and business advisory meetings
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations, accurate reporting, data verification, accurate reporting of data entry, identify and correct any inaccurate account balances
- Make recommendations to clients aligned with company objectives
- Assist clients with their accounting function, including general accounting software training for clients with changes to their accounting software.
- Monitor policies and procedures and suggest improvements for accounting reporting and recording procedures
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation, and maintaining compliance
- Support and solve problems for clients by understanding and exceeding their expectations
- Participate in brainstorming, office activities, team meetings and client meetings, researching and assisting with program development for existing clients and new prospects
- Follow up with clients regularly to ensure needs are being met and identify opportunities
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Google Apply with Twitter
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed