Our client, a national consulting accounting firm focused on high-growth startup clients, is seeking a talented REMOTE Tax Manager to join their successful firm. This may be the right next position for you if are a team player who takes ownership, initiative, and pride in your work and enjoys collaborating with and helping others whenever or wherever needed.
- INCOME TAX REVIEW AND SIGN OFF
- Review and sign off on ~150 1120 tax returns
- 25% of these are very straightforward, easy, first or second-year filings.
- 25% have a 5471
- 25% of these have an M3
- All returns will be prepped, but you may need to give feedback/corrections to the Senior Tax Accountant who prepped it
CONSULTING TAX WORK:
- Help troubleshoot Account Manager client tax issues.
- Answer questions and resolve clients’ tax problems.
- Resolve any IRS notices or audit requests
- Assist in all M&A transactions: gather documents, serve as senior liaison to Big 4/acquirer
- If interested in getting into R&D and or SUT, we would love to leave that opportunity open for you, but not required
TAX MENTORSHIP & LEADERSHIP
- Serve as a mentor and advisor to more junior accounting and tax staff
- Perform a 1:1 with direct reports and Tax Director once a month and report on findings/recommendations
- Review tax billing reports ensuring completion and accuracy
- Provide weekly updates to the Tax Director regarding tax process status/goals/delays/roadblocks
- Attend weekly all-hands meetings
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Tax Team delivers Income Tax Returns as scheduled
- Tax Team meets allotted revenue goals on time
- Tax Team 360 review of Tax Manager is a “B” or higher
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
Our client utilizes best-of-breed software tools such as QuickBooks, Gusto, Justworks, Rippling, Expensify, Bill.com, Zoom, Slack, and Brex. The client base is venture capital-backed startups and recent graduates from YC, 500 Startups, StartX, and Techstars.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- PTO (15 days)
- Sick Time Off (9 days)
- Company Holidays (9 days)
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Google Apply with Twitter
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed