Our Top 100 CPA Firm client is seeking a Remote Tax Manager or Tax Senior with a CPA and knowledge of ASC 740.
FT Permanent, W2
The ideal candidate for this position would be a Tax Senior or Manager with 4 to 10 years combined public accounting and/or corporate tax department experience including federal and state tax compliance, ASC 740 (FAS 109) tax reporting, SOX internal controls, working with companies that have foreign subsidiaries, and strong managerial and communication skills. The ability to research tax issues and thoroughly document tax analysis and conclusions in writing is also required.
- Assisting with non-U.S. reporting for ASC 740, Accounting for Income Taxes.
- Technical review of U.S. International tax companies, including the foreign tax credit, form 5471, and other international compliance returns.
- Prepare FIN 48 memos and related analyses.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of federal and international tax laws and current developments.
- Flexibility to work outside of scope and role due to dynamic environment.
- Preparation and recording of monthly, quarterly, and annual income tax provision in accordance with ASC 740 including analysis of ETR, deferred taxes and current liability.
- Maintain analysis of tax accounts and prepare monthly reconciliations.
- Collaborate with other business partners, as needed, to effectively understand accounts that are tax-sensitive and determine related tax treatment.
- Provide support for the U.S. consolidated return, state and local income, and franchise tax returns.
- Provide income tax support for various states under audit.
- Assist Fixed Asset Group in the maintenance and review of tax depreciation ledgers and reviewing reconciliation of net book versus net tax value reports.
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of tax planning opportunities.
- Prepare documentation of the testing of internal controls under Sarbanes-Oxley 404, and update tax processes and controls, as needed.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 4 to 10 years of experience with accounting for income taxes under ASC 740 for SEC registrants, either as an employee of a public corporation or through public accounting client service.
- Possesses a strong understanding of federal income tax for corporations and partnerships, including the ability to identify issues and calculate Book/Tax differences.
- Has excellent research skills (using CCH, BNA, etc.) and an understanding of federal and state tax authorities.
- Has experience with quarterly and annual provisions (current and deferred – ASC 740/FAS 109, FIN 48).
- Is able to determine state apportionment factors.
- Knows FIN 48 and FAS 5 accruals and reconciliation of tax accounts.
- Has knowledge of SOX compliance (Tax Internal Controls).
- Reviews fixed asset reports.
- Assists in the development and implementation of tax planning initiatives.
- Identifies and reports unrecognized tax benefits associated with uncertain tax positions.
- Manages the preparation of tax provisions and serves as a technical resource for ASC 740 issues for audit teams relative to accounting for income taxes.
- Participates in networking activities and works closely with Directors on targeting and proposal activities.
- Experience completing state/municipal income and excise tax returns
- ASC 740/FAS 109 and FIN 48 experience
- Good presentation, client-facing, and communication skills
- A strong background in maintaining and building client relationships
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Google Apply with Twitter
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed