Staff Accountant needed to provide outsourced accounting services to nonprofit clients.
Full time, W2
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Accounting from a four-year college or university or 5+ years of nonprofit or government experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience working with multiple clients, such as a CPA firm or similar.
- 5 years experience working with nonprofit clients or franchises.
- Possesses all basic and some advanced skills and knowledge of accounting functions.
- Experience with a variety of accounting software packages, including QBO, Bill.com, Gusto, Receipt Bank, Intacct, Abila.
- Strong knowledge of accounting as applied to nonprofit organizations.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Past experience working in a remote work environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Duties and tasks are varied but standardized. Staff Accountants work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.:
- Makes routine choices within established procedures
- Performs basic troubleshooting to reconcile account balances and inquiry to obtain missing information or verify unusual data
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets/databases
- Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and approves for payment
- Prepares customer invoices according to agreements
- Prepares and processes payroll, taxes, and benefits according to each client’s 2 employment policies
- Reviews credit card transactions to ensure compliance with client policy, records transactions and reconciles for payment
- Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records, and reviews for accuracy
- Extracts general ledger information
- Monitors loans and accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems
- Codes data for input to financial data processing system according to company procedures
- Assists employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services
- Applies proper coding and has familiarity with a client’s grant structure.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Google Apply with Twitter
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed