- Ability to independently produce financial statements
- Produce error-free accounting reports for client use
- Manage client relationship; facilitate client meetings to review financials monthly or quarterly, including custom tax projections for each client
- File sales tax return for applicable clients
- Understand the functions of A/R and A/P in applicable software
- Solve problems; can dissect an issue, identify the problems, and identify the next steps to getting the problem(s) solved
- Acknowledgment of client correspondence within 48 business hours
- Manage relationships with staff accountants
- Effectively manage workflow and schedule to ensure punctual client meetings
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- Min 5 years prior public accounting experience and comfortable working simultaneously with multiple clients in varied industries.
- Prior experience working at an accounting firm that has 3+ employees
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Critical thinker
- Prior experience working remotely
- Dedicated home office workspace.
- Team player
- Self-starter who is effective with minimal direction
- Excellent communication skills
- Well-versed in Quickbooks Desktop and Quickbooks Online; some hands-on experience using Xero and Thompson Reuters would be helpful.
- Experience and understanding of how payroll accounting and concepts work
- Understand the functions of A/R and A/P in the applicable software
- Ability to communicate with clients – both verbal and written (requesting documents, asking clarifying questions regarding transactions)
- Experience in corporate and personal tax preparation a plus
- Experience processing sales tax returns
- Technical experience with the following a plus: Sharefile, Google Docs, Slack, Ultra Tax, Xero Practice Management, Karbon, Peachtree, ADP, Paychex, Gusto, Paylocity, Thompson Reuters software, Excel, and Outlook.
- A fast-growing, progressive firm
- Fully remote role – no commute!
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Generous PTO
- Paid holidays
- Cafeteria Plan
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Google Apply with Twitter
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed