Remote Tax Consultant needed to join a growing CPA firm.
This is a unique opportunity to specialize in the tax area as a Tax Consultant. Tax consultants must be self-motivated and have a keen interest in the tax area demonstrated by advanced knowledge acquired through professional reading, continuing professional education and independent study. Tax consultants must be analytical thinkers with good reading comprehension skills.
Responsibilities for Remote Tax Consultant:
- Tax Preparation – proficient in complex 1040, 1065 (multi-state), 1120, and 1120S return preparation. 1041 prep would be a plus.
- Plan, direct, follow-up and complete engagement. This includes training, supervising and evaluating staff. The tax consultants should assign work to the staff according to their experience and capabilities and provide guidance, direction, and on-the-job training when appropriate.
- Recognize problem areas, and offer solutions. Promptly bring to the attention of the manager or partner any significant tax issues. Ability to perform independent research.
- Coordinate with the partner, manager, and nontax staff all phases of the engagement such as communications with clients, defining the issues, budgeting, staff assignment, scheduling, and billing.
- Review of tax work papers to establish that the standard practices and policies of the Firm have been followed.
- Increase technical expertise and depth of knowledge of tax law with possible specialization within a given area. If such specialization is developed, tax consultants should demonstrate the ability to function as Firm resources for clients as well as partners and staff.
- Keep current with new developments in the area of taxation. Demonstrate the ability to communicate critical information to the Firm and determine which new developments apply to firm clients.
Qualifications for Remote Tax Consultant:
- 4 to 6 years experience recent public accounting experience, focused on tax.
- Ability to ask questions, evaluate projects, and make suggestions to clients regarding tax credits or other areas of a client’s business.
- Conceptual understanding of the principles of taxation.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently complete compliance engagements, including preparation of tax returns and tax projections.
- Ability to independently research tax issues and draft appropriate client or file memoranda. This requires a thorough knowledge of the use of tax library resources.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to train and supervise staff.
- Working knowledge of computer software with tax applications available in the Firm. This includes research tools, BNA individual tax planning, Excel, and CCH Axcess products.
- Has an important relationship with the staff. Through supervising and assisting staff in tax areas, tax consultants have an opportunity to develop close relationships. Tax consultants are expected to be supportive of the partners and Firm policies and help assimilate the less experienced staff. They also share the responsibility to develop the staff both professionally and personally.
- Awareness of additional services that could be rendered by the Firm to existing clients.
- Increasing proficiency in interpersonal relationships with Firm personnel and client personnel.
- Involvement in professional and community activities.
- Development of practice referral sources and participation in practice expansion activities.
- A high degree of professional attitude as to objectivity and independence.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed