Our accounting firm client seeks a Remote Tax and Accounting Specialist to join a growing team. Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, but you must be a resident of WA or VA!
This firm provides tax and accounting services to small business owners of therapy practices.
As a Tax and Accounting Specialist, you will be providing year-round support for clients with taxes, bookkeeping, quarterly estimates, and business planning.
This firm is a results-based work environment and will be held accountable to Key Performance Metrics that measure your value to our clients. Some examples are the turnaround time of client questions, deliverable quality, and contributing to firm-wide projects.
The best applicants are those who:
- Are tired of working in a traditional firm with required overtime hours
- Prefer ditching the commute to work remotely
- Look forward to working with flex time so they can spend more time with loved ones
- MUST live in Washington State or Virginia
- Have 1 to 3 years of experience preparing tax returns: Individuals and S-Corporations
- Have 2 to 3 years of experience working in QBO and doing monthly bookkeeping including payroll
- This firm is looking for the right person — not to fill an empty seat with a warm body. This role involves teamwork and being able to communicate well via email and video conferences. You will be the main point of contact for the clients you’re assigned. You must answer all of their questions and keep documentation of client interactions in our tools.
- Provide 5 to 20 clients recurring monthly accounting services using Quickbooks Online and payroll with Gusto
- Project 10 to 15 quarterly clients with tax planning, projecting, and reviewing client prepared books.
- Prepare 100 to 150 tax returns for clients including individuals, S-Corporations, Partnerships, Corporations, and nonprofits by required due dates.
- Act as the central point of contact for your clients with a 48-hour turn around time on email
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Office Suite (including Word and Excel [pivot tables])
- Familiarity with Google G Suite (Google Chrome, Google Docs) and Dropbox
- Capable and willing to work independently, with little guidance or supervision
- Work efficiently within project timelines to meet deadlines or provide deliverables ahead of such deadlines
- Comfortable collaborating virtually as part of a remote yet cohesive team
- Willingness to work on your EA (Enrolled Agent exam) within your first year; or you already have your CPA
- You have excellent organizational skills, are self-motivated, and detailed-oriented
- You are excited to learn new skills and stay on top of continuing education
More Details about This Role:
- Access to your own wifi and cell phone are required.
- This is a remote position so being able to work virtually is important.
- Availability to work from 10 am to 1 pm PST for meetings.
- Traveling once a year to Seattle, WA for our firm retreat.
- This job description is subject to change.
- Compensation: Hourly $20 to $35/hour base, bonus compensation structure on top of base pay, Retirement Plan, PTO & Sick Time
- More Details about The Interview Process:
- Submit a resume and cover letter.
- Next is a 30-minute phone call, followed by a Slack interview, and two Video Interviews
- Reference Check
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Google Apply with Twitter
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed