Join Aprio’s Tax team and you will help clients maximize their opportunities. Aprio is a progressive, fast-growing firm looking for a Tax Manager – Non-Profit to join their dynamic team.
Work with a top 50 CPA-led advisory firm that is passionate for what’s next. With more than 600 team members in 24 states, Aprio is headquartered in Atlanta, GA with offices in North Carolina and Birmingham, Alabama. Come serve national and international clients doing business in and out of 40 countries with team members that speak more than 30 languages. At Aprio, you’ll discover a culture grounded in 30 fundamental behaviors that guide our interactions with each other and our clients every day. We are proud to have been honored as a “Best Place to Work” since 2016 and have the highest ranking on Glassdoor among the top 50 public accounting firms.
- Prepare general ledger entries and supporting documentation
- Reviewing transactional data entry from Bookkeeper(s)
- Ensure all daily, weekly and monthly deadlines are met
- Research and resolve questions related to general ledger items
- Review tax returns to be submitted to the Internal Revenue Service and various state jurisdictions for accuracy.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare the returns (All 990 Series returns)
- Preparation of 1023 applications
- Preparation of fixed asset reports
- Assisting with estimated excise tax payments and extensions
- Assisting with e-filing of tax returns
- Consult with clients on budgeting, forecasting and other operational issues.
- Assisting team members with day-to-day projects and activities as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5-10 years of experience in tax compliance within public accounting preferred
- Experience working with Not for Profits is required
- Form 990, 990PF experience required, Form 1023 experience a plus
- CPA is preferred, not required
- Master’s degree in Taxation preferred
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Computer expertise including knowledge of tax software and technology
Why work for Aprio:
Whether you are just starting out, looking to advance into management or searching for your next leadership role, Aprio offers an opportunity to grow with a future-focused, innovative firm
Perks/Benefits we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance on the first day of employment
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k with Profit Sharing
- Discretionary Time Off structure
- Parental Leave – coverage for both spouses
- Summer Hours/Flextime
- Tuition Assistance Program and CPA support program with cash incentive upon completion
- “Dress your Day” – jeans casual to business professional depending on your day
- Discretionary incentive compensation based on firm, group and individual performance
- Incentive compensation related to origination of new client sales
What’s in it for you:
- Working with an industry leader: Be part of a high-growth firm that is passionate for what’s next.
- An awesome culture: Thirty fundamental behaviors guide our culture every day ensuring we always deliver an exceptional team-member and client experience. We call it the Aprio Way. This shared mindset creates lasting relationships between team members and with clients.
- A great team: Work with a high-energy, passionate, caring and ambitious team of professionals in a collaborative culture.
- Entrepreneurship: Have the freedom to innovate and bring your ideas to help us grow to become the CPA firm of choice nationally.
- Growth opportunities: Grow professionally in an environment that fosters continuous learning and advancement.
- Competitive compensation: You will be rewarded with competitive compensation, industry-leading benefits and a flexible work environment to enjoy work/life balance.
Aprio is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex; pregnancy; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; age; disability; genetic information, citizenship status; military service obligations or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed