Remote Tax and Accounting CPA needed to serve clients in the virtual creative companies all over the US, with financial, tax, and accounting support.
Our CPA firm client is looking for an experienced Tax and Accounting CPA (our client calls it a Customer Ally), which is a position dedicated to leading our clients and working with our Accounting Specialist team member. Strong communication and customer service skills are a must! Remote work experience is preferred.
Responsiveness, comfort, security, and knowing what is going on with each client is a cornerstone of the great service provided to clients. Team collaboration is an additional cornerstone to working with our firm as the team will ensure success in service to the clients. We hold regular team meetings, new team training, and team collaboration projects in addition to client service.
Summary of the Role:
The Tax and Accounting CPA is a leader in the firm. This role leads and directs all technical work for the clients assigned to each Customer Ally. They are responsible for directing the Accounting Specialists in the completion of their own work. The Customer Ally also meets and communicates with the client directly.
What’s in it for you?
- No commute! This position is 100% virtual, and always will be. You will work in your home, so you will need a quiet space to work virtually, and meet with clients online.
- You don’t have to bill by the hour.
- We do not track time.
- Extremely light tax season.
- We have a great support team – you will be free to focus on the technical side of your work, grow and learn in your craft.
Details of this role may include (depending upon the contracted agreement):
- A CPA with solid experience in direct client service is strongly preferred.
- Meet with the partners periodically to discuss accounting, tax and payroll processes for particular clients.
- Review the accounting and payroll work of the Accounting Specialist.
- Attend and lead weekly client meetings when the client contract requires it.
- Assist the Accounting Specialist as needed in their duties such as: filing of 1099’s, filing of sales tax returns, etc.
- Pay bills and/or prepare invoices for clients.
- Provide consulting to the clients by periodically sharing financial information directly with clients in answering their questions about their financial statements.
- Update cash flow scenarios in software.
- Seek help from the Technical Reviewer on technical work.
- Check reasonableness of Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Summary and/or Cash Flow Statement after all reconciliations.
- When determined, troubleshoot broken integration links between accounting products and clients’ bank/credit card accounts.
- Using the firm’s policies, keep track the client’s reasonable compensation calculations.
- Using the firm’s policies and spreadsheet template, keep track of the client’s estimated tax payments being made during the year.
- In accordance with the firm’s policies work with the Project Manager during the ramp up phase of a new client coming into the firm.
- File corporate, partnership, and individual tax returns for clients and share/explain tax results to clients.
- Prepare tax plans for clients and present results.
- Notify the partner, COO, and Project Manager of time off according to the vacation policy.
- Other assigned tasks as we become aware. This Job Description will change.
Key factors to success in this role:
- Ability to efficiently do remote work from home in a defined space with dedicated time,
- Ability to use multiple cloud-based tax, accounting, and payroll software. We do not allow the use of desktop software by clients in our firm
- aility to use your own computer proficiently in your work,
- Communication skills to feel great comfort in talking with clients, members, team, and handling meetings with them online (and showing your camera),
- Skills of self-management and multi-tasking (If you are OCD, that helps!)
- You’ll need to have your own reliable computer & secure high-speed internet service to work in our firm. Unbundled high-speed internet is reimbursed by the firm.
- HUGE amounts of communication with the team you have been assigned to support. This is perhaps the most important part of the job. We serve high-value clients, so expect high levels of support and communication from and within our team.
- Great email and written communication skills.
- Attendance (virtual) at weekly team meetings.
- Use of internet communication tools like GoToMeeting and Zoom is a must. We never answer the phone.
- Heavy use of online accounting technology, bill pay systems, and technology integrations. Anchors to our Tech Stack include QuickBooks Online, Xero, Gusto, and Bill.com.
- You may be required to travel periodically for retreats or team meetings, all expenses paid.
- Travel to occasional client on-sites may be required.
- Communication with the team. We use private community portals to stay in touch with each other, and we need to hear from each other throughout the day.
- Though you will be virtual, this role is considered ‘coming to the office’ daily through our online office chat tool. The clients’ contracts and team collaboration drive the timing of when you work each day.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Google Apply with Twitter
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed