The Remote Senior Accountant plays a crucial role as part of NFPs accounting team. This position provides work leadership and direction to staff accountants while maintaining financial oversight for nonprofit organizations that have contracted with NFP Partners as their accounting provider. Using independent judgment, the SrA performs advanced and specialized accounting assignments, such as month-end review, reconciliations, and reporting according to a defined scope of work for each client.
ABOUT NFP PARTNERS
NFP Partners is a team of accounting professionals dedicated to helping nonprofit organizations fulfill their missions through strong financial management.NFP Partners offers the benefits of experienced accounting professionals at a fraction of the in-house cost through our outsourced nonprofit accounting services.These services range from total operation and management of the finance function to higher-level CFO support. In short, NFP Partners aims to impact the world one accounting challenge at a time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtains and analyzes financial information to prepare reports, statements and recommendations.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Distributes expenditures, encumbrances, receipts, and receivables according to schedules.
- Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining findings.
- Reconciles cash and investment accounts.
- Analyzes and reconciles financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, in supporting schedules.
- Prepares statement of financial position, statement of revenue and expense, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
- Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Assists in preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Develops, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems, controls, and procedures.
- Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the client’s organizational accounting operation.
- Prepares audit schedules for review by Controller/Accounting Manager.
- Collects appropriate data and prepares federal, state, and local reports and tax returns.
- May also provide special project assistance to the Director of Accounting Services.
- Possesses all basic and some advanced skills and knowledge of accounting functions. Has a thorough understanding of the total process flow. Strong knowledge of accounting as applied to nonprofit organizations.Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and establish a remote work environment.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish acts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience with a variety of accounting software packages, including Abila.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Accounting from a four-year college or university
- 5 years of nonprofit or government experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Google Apply with Twitter
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed