Remote Senior Accountant needed to join team in a nonprofit workplace. Strong working knowledge of fund accounting is a must have.
- Pefrom day-to-day accounting operations including accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Maintain accounting records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Responsible for cash management and verifying balances for reconciliation.
- Prepare general ledger entries and enter data into the accounting software system.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and other financial reports.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and periodic forecasts.
- Prepare year-end audit schedules and assist the Treasurer in the organization’s annual audit.
- Prepare, review, and submit payroll in an accurate manner via a 3rd party payroll provider.
- Inform the Treasurer of any information or trends not readily apparent from financial reports.
- Monitor compliance with internal controls, policies, and procedures related to accounting activity throughout the organization.
- Recommend actions to improve the functioning of the Center.
- Respond to other information requests as needed.
Experience and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in finance or accounting required, or comparable proven skills in an accounting-related position. Certified Public Accountant a plus.
- Three to five years of experience in fund accounting.
- One to three years of experience in payroll processing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of non-profit governance, management, accounting, financial planning, and business processes.
- Working knowledge of accounting, finance, benefits, and insurance is preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer-based networks and financial software packages, including spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and specialized accounting application software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information
- Ability to work with a team
- Willingness to work within and be respectful of our Christ-centered organization.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Deep sensitivity and commitment to diversity (culture, race, ethnicity, gender, theology, etc.).
- Willingness and ability to travel a minimum of 4 times per year for events, training, and teambuilding.
- Ability and commitment to work occasional weekend and evening hours as needed.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background and credit check.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Google Apply with Twitter
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed