Our Top 100 CPA Firm Client is in need of an experienced Senior Tax Manager specialized in NFP tax returns to assist with management and business development of the Firm’s exempt organizations group.
As a Senior Tax Manager you will work with the NFP tax group to provide tax compliance and advisory services to NFP Organizations, Private Foundations, Public Charities, Religious, Pension Trust/Benefit Plans and other charitable and tax-exempt organizations. Compliance services also include the preparation of 990, 990-T, 990-PF, and others.
- Prepares and reviews tax payments, returns, and performs all accounting functions to arrive at a complete set of records.
- Completes tax forms in accordance with policies and in compliance with both federal and state legislation and regulations.
- Knowledgeable in following changes to tax regulations and laws.
- Recommend tax strategies that comply with laws
- Prepares accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports, to assess accuracy, and completeness.
- Prepares Exempt Organization Form 990, 990-EZ, NY CHAR-500
- Helps taxpayers by using their federal, state and local codes and see to it that clients receive the maximum benefit permitted under law
- Uncover potential deductions and credits.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures.
- Interview clients to get a thorough picture of their financial situation.
- Resolve client tax notices.
- Recommend additional products and services.
- Reviews returns prepared by others as needed.
- Evaluates business set of records (Balance Sheet and Income Statement) for fair presentation and balances we can be confident in along with being able to do a cash to/from accrual conversion.
- Examines accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to ensure accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Proficient in computer programs such as Microsoft Office and Teams; ProSystems a plus.
- Assist in client communications including memos, updates, instructions, etc.
- Works with confidential client matters.
- Hands on experience with review and complex preparation of Forms 990, 990-PF, 990-T, and state charitable registrations
- Provide tax compliance and advisory services to Tax-Exempt organizations.
- Manage a portfolio of clients of varying size and scope, acting as the point of contact.
- Build and manage client relationships.
- Manage teams of tax professionals and assistants working on client projects.
- Manage risk and financial performance of engagements including billing, collections, and budget for projects.
- Responsible for delivering high-quality tax service and advice.
- Assist Directors with all aspects; inclusive technical reviews, staff training/development/management, etc.
- Research and write complex tax issues and matters.
- Provide tax compliance, tax provision, and tax advisory services to tax-exempt organizations with an emphasis on higher education institutions, associations, healthcare entities, social service organizations, and grant-making foundations including private foundation.s
- Assist in supervising, developing and coaching professional tax staff.
- Help develop and manage client relationships.
- Provide timely and unmatched client service, exceeding client expectations.
- Represent the Firm in the marketplace at networking events.
- Participate in the proposal process for potential new clients.
- Contribute to Firm-sponsored technical guidance for internal and external publication and to internal learning and development sessions.
- Work with the team to assign projects and resolve scheduling conflicts.
About our Client:
A Top 100 CPA Firm in the US and a Top 50 Firm as ranked by Vault, with remote CPAs across the country. The Firm advises public and private companies on ways to enhance profitability, save taxes, improve accountability and reduce risk. Specialized in helping their clients discover and achieve their bottom-line potential. Provides sound business advice based upon their depth of services and vast experience in a broad array of industries.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Google Apply with Twitter
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed