A family-owned and operated CPA firm (Est. 1976) is seeking an EXPERIENCED Tax Senior to join our team. We are looking for a well-rounded tax and accounting knowledgeable CPA that wants to contribute their talent and expertise to the service of our clients. This position is 100% remote. Small to Medium-sized CPA firm experience is greatly desired.
In this position, the Tax Accountant will:
- Prepare complex Individual (Multiple K-1, Mult-state, stock sales, 1031, etc), Corporate, S-Corporate, Partnership, Fiduciary, and Exempt income tax returns using Lacerte Tax Software.
- Have deep knowledge and understanding of US tax laws and filing requirements for the owners of pass-through entities with real estate transactions are required to succeed in this job.
- Provide general accounting services, review junior staff’s work, and other non-income tax-related functions (bookkeeping, payroll, sales tax, payroll tax, etc).
This firm primarily serves the needs of small to medium-sized businesses and their owners. It’s a busy, year-round office providing bookkeeping, payroll, and other general accounting and compliance services outside of tax preparation and the regular tax season.
Although the primary role is income tax preparation during tax season, review of junior prepared returns, and client advisory, we are seeking a well-rounded candidate that can complete other general accounting functions for our clients as well. This might include a review of clients’ QuickBooks files, reconciliation of bank accounts, preparation, review, and filing of compliance returns such as payroll, 1099, and sales tax, and assisting with general accounting services as needed both during and outside of regular tax season.
Our ideal candidate…
- Has a minimum of 5+ years of experience working in public accounting.
- Has experience working directly with clients to provide advisory, planning, and projection services.
- Has a high degree of computer competency. We are 100% digital; you MUST be comfortable doing your work on the computer.
- Is an excellent communicator with strong written and verbal skills (English).
- Has a functional and private workspace devoid of home-life distractions available to them 8 hours a day, Monday through Friday, and sometimes on weekends or evenings as necessary.
We are conducting a nationwide search for the best talent we can find and fit for our firm’s and client’s culture.
Job Req 434913
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Google Apply with Twitter
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed