The Payroll Accountant role is responsible for the timeline and accurate processing of new hire and ongoing employee documents for CPA firm clients and their staff.
This includes assisting the client and their staff with the completion of new hire and other required human resource forms, setting up client projects and subsidiary time keeping systems. It also includes the accurate setup of new hire information in the payroll processing system, assisting clients with hiring in new states, including state payroll registrations.
The Payroll Accountant processes payroll for each client company on a pre-determined schedule and then reviews the payroll reports for accuracy. Information regarding special payments such as benefit obligations, garnishments, and other balances are communicated to the Accounts Payable Department by the Payroll Accountant.
- In-house payroll processing and download of payroll returns
- New hire setup and communications
- Coordination with client support for payroll agency correspondence matters
- Payroll journal entries per client specifications
- Payroll bank account reconciliation (if applicable)
- Assist client with new payroll registrations by state
- Garnishment, benefit plan obligations and other required reporting to Accounts Payable
- Set up new projects and new employees in main accounting systems and subsidiary timekeeping systems per client specifications.
- Associates Degree in Accounting, a minimum, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Prior bookkeeping experience required, with specific experience in a position that processes a high volume of weekly payroll transactions
- Strong technology skills using Microsoft Office 365 or later (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook at a minimum, more applications preferred). Strong Excel skills required.
- Home office environment, including separate work area, PC (minimum system requirements must be met) with Windows 10 Pro. Additional technology requirements will be communicated to candidates selected for this position and must be met on an ongoing basis.
- Experience working in a paperless environment strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Team player with a positive ”can-do” approach
- General and growing knowledge of firm products and services in the practice area, and general knowledge of products and services in other practice areas
Key Success Factors:
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work efficiently and to multi-task
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Able to learn new technology skills quickly
- Co-operative team player.
- Extremely organized
- Client-centric approach to all matters
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Google Apply with Twitter
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed