Our CPA firm client is looking for an experienced REMOTE cloud bookkeeper/accountant. This client offers the ultimate in work/life balance.
This client is an entirely virtual public accounting firm that provides outsourced CFO, accounting, payroll, and tax services to the fitness industry. This role may be a good fit for you if you have experience working in cloud-based platforms and enjoy new technologies.
You will work on a strict monthly accounting cycle, respond quickly to client requests, sometimes work odd hours, and on tight deadlines. This entirely remote position is a full-time, telecommuting role, with flexible hours. As such, the ability to communicate clearly via video, email, and telephone is critical.
Full Charge Bookkeeping Skills
- Prepare month-end client financial reports which are delivered to the client timely, complete and accurate every month.
- Reconcile multiple bank and credit card feeds, coding transactions, and maintaining general ledger.
- Maintain subsidiary records for fixed assets, loan balances and other accounts.
- Analyze and reconcile accounts as necessary.
- Book payroll, monthly sales, inventory and other month-end adjusting journal entries.
- Prepare and review financial statements prior to delivering them to the manager.
- Prepare payroll for clients’ employees.
- Prepare accurate and timely payroll tax deposits and related filings.
- Process garnishment, support orders, and IRS documentation related to payroll.
- Verify employees’ vacation, sick and PTO accruals, and adjust as needed.
- Accounts Payable – enter and pay bills, settle disputes, review statements, etc.
- Prepare sales tax returns and related filing instructions.
- Prepare and file Personal Property tax returns annually.
- Prepare IRS and State payroll and sales tax correspondence.
- Client facing and main point of contact for client communications around transactional work.
- Assist in timely and courteously answering client questions via email and video; meeting virtually with our clients as needed.
- Interacts with customers and resolve client concerns, relaying relevant comments from client to manager.
- Represent the company in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner in all customer and employee interactions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for 20-25 <$1 Million revenue client accounts simultaneously.
- 4+ years of public accounting experience.
- Solid understanding of debit and credits a must.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Success in a virtual environment
- A dedicated, secure, and quiet room to work from home with no interruptions to conduct video calls.
- Have a strong, consistent internet connection.
- Ability to manage deadlines of various client accounts.
- Ability to multitask to manage multiple clients simultaneously.
- Self-assured, capable, comfortable and adept in both written and video client communication to clearly and effectively.
- Enjoys working and communicating directly with the client.
- Excellent verbal, written, and video communication skills.
- Proactively communicate with each client, client advisor, and tax team.
- Self-starter – able to identify work that needs to be done and do it without being instructed to do so.
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed, and motivated.
- High degree of confidentiality.
- Proficiency with technology including Microsoft suite, Gmail, zoom, Xero, QuickBooks, Dropbox, Payroll Relief, Practice Ignition are all pluses. Must have the ability to quickly learn new platforms.
- Please note we are a Xero firm that rarely uses Quickbooks.
Benefits (just to name a few)!:
- No commute – work from home!
- Flexible work schedule
- Growing firm.
- Supportive and flexible work environment.
- Client provides workstation and related electronics, reimburses $100/month for cell phone and internet.
- Master Xero and become certified.
- Proficient in Bill.com, Trello, Dropbox, Payroll Relief, Practice Ignition,
- If CPA, CPE to maintain CPA License
- Trip to Colorado to visit client locations and meet with firm founder.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed