Now hiring – Remote Client Accounting Manager! Our progressive accounting firm client is looking for more than a number cruncher. If you have technical accounting chops, love technology, and are passionate about business – let’s talk.
This is not your grandparents’ accounting firm. It’s a fully remote accounting and advisory firm headquartered in Santa Barbara, California. They’ve created a niche in the accounting space by leveraging the latest technology the industry has to offer, but we aren’t just number crunchers.
Join a team of 10, that is a cohesive bunch of tech-savvy problem-solvers who love what they do. They work hard to bring that enthusiasm to clients and have a little fun in the process. There’s a bonus plan that you control (metrics and accomplishment-based) and are innovative and creative about creating a vibrant culture in our remote team. Things like daily huddles to occasional and randomly assigned “fika meetings” to organized quarterly virtual retreats keep team members grounded, in the know, and connected.
If you have a passion for small business accounting and love helping entrepreneurs succeed, you’ll fit right in!
What is a Remote Client Accounting Manager (CAM):
- Oversees a group of clients recurring accounting cycle.
- Delivers monthly financials, performs complex accounting procedures
- Manages the overall accounting quality assurance.
- Coordinates and reviews the work performed by the Client Accounting Associates, assigned to their clients; this may occasionally include training on new or updated accounting processes.
What you’ll be up to every day (i.e. job duties)
- Overall day-to-day ownership of accuracy and quality of client financials and accounting systems
- Review the quality of the work performed by the CAA on your clients
- Coach and mentor clients and their stakeholders – explain accounting to non-accountants
- Answer questions and assist your clients with their requests and/or questions
- Develop strategies, solve clients’ pain points and dig into accounting puzzles
- AP and AR activities like delivering reporting, approving transactions, and verifying data syncs
- Complete and/or approve detailed revenue recognition – many times from multiple sources
- Perform and/or approve inventory adjustments and costing
- Post and/or approve adjustments to produce GAAP “lite” financials
- Prepare client reporting and complete month-end close
- Review and file California sales tax returns
Position requirements and qualifications
If you lack experience in a particular area, please address why you still think you are a fit and how you will overcome that lack of experience in your cover letter.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- 2+ years working with multiple clients
- Experience working remotely full-time (experience with a full remote team a plus)
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (no exceptions)
- Be available during core hours of 9am to 4pm Pacific-Time
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience with cloud-based accounting tools like QBO, Bill.com, Expensify, Gusto, POS systems, etc.
- Tech curious and hunger to learn
- Strong team player, great at juggling priorities and thrives in changing environments
Minimum requirements for your home office
- Quiet and dedicated workspace during core business hours (9am to 4pm Pacific-Time)
- Frequent internal and external video calls
- High-speed and reliable internet
- Modern computer running the latest version of macOS or Windows
- 1-2 external monitors
- Headset or headphones for video and phone calls
Why join our team?
- Culture – We care about each other, work well together, and do a lot to stay connected.
- Daily huddles
- Several Weekly all-hands meetings and CAM meetings to stay connected and in the know
- Virtual happy-hours
- Virtual competitions (like trivia), book clubs, etc.
- Quarterly virtual retreats (part business, part fun)
- In-person retreats (coming soon in a post-COVID world)
- Growth opportunities – We have big growth plans and you can be a big part in that if you want to be!
- We need you for team lead roles, specialist roles, manager roles, sales, marketing, and more. Where do you fit in?
- Competitive base salary
- Quarterly bonus program that you’re in full control of – metric and accomplishment based
- Full benefits plan with health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, employee assistance, and more
- Matched 401(k) with profit sharing potential
- Flexible schedule and time off – Crush your goals and you can have a lot of freedom
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Google Apply with Twitter
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed