Our CPA firm client, specializing in accounting for churches, is looking for a Remote Bookkeeper to join their team. This position is responsible for a client’s primary bookkeeping and payroll functions and will cultivate a partner relationship with the client.
The Remote Bookkeeper will have an excellent working knowledge of the client’s accounting systems, chart of accounts, assets, and liabilities. This person will effectively maintain a partner’s books and provide reports enabling them to understand their financial position in order to make responsible financial decisions. The partnership between the Account Advisor and the client will allow the client to live into their mission.
- Weekly bookkeeping procedures in accounting systems (QBO, Xero)
- QBO updated Bi-weekly for client reports
- Meaningful Month-end reporting (Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Activity, Budget vs. Actuals)
- Accounts Payable (Bill.com)
- Payroll (Gusto)
- Monthly statement reconciliations
- Tracking data for W9 retrieval and 1099 reporting at year-end
- Integral communication with the client (missing information, needs, financial vision)
- Seamless interface with all cloud-based tech platforms (Bill.com, Expensify, Gusto, SmartVault, LastPass, etc)
- Strong balance of contextual research for future coding and efficient workflow
- Strong knowledge base of all products and ability to upsell services when needed
- Aligned as a partner with client’s internal team
- Known for polished, professional image via email, phone and Zoom conferencing.
What you will need to bring with you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field experience
- Experience in or knowledge of GAAP accounting, compliance and reporting
- Experience with cloud-based accounting systems and processes
- QBO Certification
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge with Google Suites or MS Office Suites
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- A willingness to maintain the highest confidentiality of Stakeholder and Church/donor information
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a virtual team
- Resiliency/persistency, and a commitment to achieving goals.
- A proactive and motivated work ethic
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with all levels of staff
- Must be forward-thinking and have high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image with a growth-mindset
- Excellent organization and planning, analytical, communications, and decision- making skills
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and manage many clients simultaneously
- Empathetic and ability to listen well
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed