Our client, a provider of accounting and donor management advisory services to churches and nonprofit organizations, is seeking a REMOTE PT Accountant who is familiar with NFP accounting.
Part Time, 1099
Location: REMOTE within the US
Compensation: $30-$40 per hour; 20-30 hours per week
Description of client work:
- Clients are churches and NFP organizations in the $500k – $10M budget range.
- Work with smaller NFPs to get their accounting and donor management systems set up
- Helps clients find ways to be more efficient with their systems, train their people well and help them be the best stewards of their finite resources.
- The nature of the client work depends on the size and type of client and the size and expertise of the accounting department, on staff.
- Filling in for accounting staff if there is turnover
- Updating accounting and donor management systems; implement new cloud-based systems to handle accounting, online giving, donor management, and payroll.
- Work with clients to add stronger controls, update the books
- Support existing staff, answer questions, prepare cash flow analysis, help with budgeting, analysis donation patterns
- Serve as outsourced CFO for a large church; take on special projects, create efficiencies
- Grant work
- The work tends to be more project-based, NOT taking over routine procedures for clients like month-end procedures, paying bills, running payroll etc.
- Experience preparing for the audit; documenting processes.
- They do not support clients on QB
- Curious and likes to solve puzzles
- Likes to figure out how to connect the pieces
- Experience with more robust accounting systems – different modules for AR, AP, GL modules
- Strong Excel skills; likes working with data
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Google Apply with Twitter
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed