Our client, an accounting, finance and business solutions firm, is looking for a self-motivated, problem solving REMOTE Controller to help manage multiple client accounts. If you’re an enthusiast for the efficiencies that current cloud based accounting and finance platforms can provide, than this may be the position for you!
Full time, W2
Location: REMOTE within the US
Compensation: $100,000 – $120,000
- 6+ years accounting experience, including 2 years public accounting experience and 1-2 years supervisory experience
- Extensive knowledge in accounting and tax for businesses in the under $20M market
- Extensive (repeat EXTENSIVE) experience with QuickBooks Online, Xero, Gusto, Bill.com and Hubdoc. Other cloud based accounting applications are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple accounts simultaneously
- Exceptional attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communications skills. Details matter when working with client financials and employee payroll matters.
- You are the type of person that checks them twice and you check them again.
- If you don’t know the answer to a client question, you are someone who knows how to research and provide a concise answer and recommendation
- You are someone who can operate quickly on the fly when programs like ERTC and PPP are introduced and can fully understand and respond to client inquiries.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of accrual accounting
- You might not have ASC-606 memorized but you understand revenue recognition principles, how to book a PTO accrual and where trade discounts should be classified on a P&L
- Strong work ethic – “whatever it takes” attitude.
- You are someone that takes extreme ownership in their client assignments
- You are someone who loves a challenge and doesn’t just pass it off to someone else at the first sign of a bump in the road. You exhaust all resources to solve problems independently whenever possible.
Must be decisive and work well under pressure
- Fast learner and savvy with new technology. We are often coaching clients on our use of technology and why our workflows are setup a certain way. We are the subject matter experts and systems consultants in many cases.
- You must be someone that is willing to read a set of help docs on a new accounting application front to back to understand every inner working of that application.
- Confident in one’s abilities and able to work independently, with minimal direction.
- You also understand when it is appropriate to escalate a matter or involve an additional member of the team.
- You can concisely summarize issues, concerns or questions to senior management.
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Google Apply with Twitter
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed