Our client, a national consulting accounting firm focused on high-growth startup clients, is seeking a talented REMOTE Director of Onboarding Services to join their successful firm. If you bring the ability to manage and deliver internal and external client services you’ll find a rewarding career opportunity with our client.
Full time, W2
Skills & Prerequisites
- 10-15+ years of related experience
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) are a must
- Proven work experience supporting and managing large teams. The candidate should be a “people person” who is actively engaged in supporting and managing staff.
- Proven work experience in working and leading remote teams
- Strong working knowledge of leading accounting general ledger and supporting software tools.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, accounting theory, principles, and practices.
This position requires critical collaboration across the Onboarding Team and other departments. You must be able to adhere to deadlines, motivating team members, listening to team members’ feedback, and resolving issues or conflicts. This includes the ability to troubleshoot within and across departments, manage relationships, and create foundational systems in very fast paced environments This role will be ever changing and will require the candidate to be flexible and open-minded.
Key responsibilities include:
Quality Control (~45% of your time)
- Ensure quality control and completion for all Client financial and tax deliverables during the Onboarding process, and a White Glove experience for all Clients.
- Perform final senior-level reviews and quality checks of Onboarding financial statement deliverables on Premium clients, and quality checks on all others.
- Assist with Client transitions to the Account Services and Tax Teams. Ensure all project objectives and appropriate documentation has been completed, team members are notified, systems are updated.
- Assist with reviewing client issues
Team Management, Development, Training and Mentoring (~35% of your time)
- Coordinate and spearhead team training and development initiatives for the Onboarding Team
- Participate in the recruitment and hiring process supporting the Onboarding team and its operations.
- Ensure efficient project management, compliance and communicate updates and status across the team.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Onboarding and Sales operations management team on onboarding personnel availability and utilization.
- Mentor and manage Onboarding Managers and staff and participate in leading development and training initiatives. Coordinate with Head of Training to identify critical learning opportunities.
- Deliver annual performance reviews for direct reports. Recommend top performers for advancement and assist in setting individual and team performance goals.
- Recommend, update, and monitor team onboarding management workload, issues, and equitable distribution for work-life balance for the account management team.
Process Improvement (~15% of your time)
- Collaborate with the management and Accounting Services teams to identify processes for optimization, improvement, and automation opportunities.
- Work with the Head of Sales and Onboarding, and MCP Training/QA Teams to identify/test best-in-class systems to support Clients in Onboarding, ongoing service delivery, and for the benefit of client service delivery operational improvements.
Onboarding Department Ops and Planning (~5% of your time)
- Assist with reviewing timecards and utilization metrics. Following up with Onboarding managers and team members.
- Participate in developing and setting annual, quarterly, monthly team goals in a cohesive roadmap for execution.
BONUS: Eligible for annual bonus based on personal performance, and team performance metrics.
FULL-TIME: 40 hours per week
REPORTS TO: Head of Sales and Onboarding
DIRECT REPORTS: Onboarding Managers, Onboarding Senior Staff, Onboarding Staff
WORKING HOURS: 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Google Apply with Twitter
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed