Client relationship manager (remote) for our very detailed tax accounting clients. Prior experience with Sales Tax Nexus is preferred.
About The Role
TaxValet is looking for a SUPER SOCIAL PERFECTIONIST (remote) to join our new client onboarding team. At TaxValet, we are fanatical about our clients having an incredible first impression working with us. And if you join us, you’ll be a big part of the reason why.
The purpose of the New Client Onboarding Specialist (remote) is to get clients totally set-up within our systems so that the Sales Tax Filing Team can begin submitting their sales tax filings. Lots of training will be provided.
This role typically involves analyzing client data and performing research to provide sales tax nexus advice (with supervision) and ensuring the clients’ tax systems are set up to our high standards of excellence.You’ll be working closely with external clients, as well as working closely with internal teammates.
In time, you’ll be considered a sales tax expert and someone that many will turn to when looking for advice.
Don’t worry—we’ll provide lots of training and help along the way. Your attitude and potential is much more important than your current knowledge and experience.
We’re looking for someone who is ready to learn and grow professionally, and wants a career (not just a job). We can train you on a lot of things, but here are our non-negotiables:
- Degree in Accounting, Accounting Technology, Legal Research, or similar field.
- Experience working with project management, accounting, and/or research.
- Positive references from past supervisors.
- Sales tax experience is a plus, but not required.
High attention-to-detail and a perfectionist at heart.
- Effective and comfortable communicating in writing, over webcam, and on the phone (this role will have a LOT of client interaction).
- Able to put someone at ease who is stressed out and anxious.
- Able to set clear boundaries and expectations with clients. Not afraid to follow-up to get what you need to get across the finish line.
- Excellent at time management. You don’t waste time on frivolous activities.
- Eager to learn new skills and technologies. Great at researching (and understanding) complex information.
- Enjoy bringing order and clarity to complex and chaotic situations.
We’re not a tax company. We’re an emotions company. We believe that the work we do is a reflection of our higher purpose in life. And if the work isn’t fulfilling and enjoyable, what’s the point? At TaxValet, our Core Purpose is to “transform negative emotions into something positive for our clients, partners, and each other”. It just so happens that we do that by eliminating the hassle and stress of sales tax.
We are a fast-growing, financially stable, and profitable business with a small but AWESOME team of 15 teammates. We’re building a world-class sales tax team, and if you join us, you’ll be part of the reason why.
We are a core-value driven business. That means we hire, fire, and reward based on alignment with our core values:
- Feel It: We have authentic empathy for our clients, partners, and for each other. A little warmth and understanding goes a long way.
- Shape It: We have a passion for possibilities and recognize that we are the authors of our own future.
- Own It: We take responsibility for the outcomes, both good and bad.
- Crush It: We strive for excellence in everything we do. We are competitive and want to WIN!
We are also a “give 1%” organization. This means that 1% of profit, employee time, and service time is dedicated towards nonprofits. This year, we contributed to typhoon disaster relief in the Philippines.
Compensation and Benefits
We believe working side-by-side with an awesome team is the greatest benefit there is, but there are other reasons why we love working at TaxValet including:
- 40 days off per year. This includes 22 holidays per year, plus 18 days of PTO per year. Yes, seriously.
- Company pays 100% of health, vision, dental, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) Plan with generous company matching.
- $55K/yr salary after completing training ($50k/yr before completing training).
- 100% Remote work.
Please note that the final step before being hired is for you to arrange reference calls with your former managers and others.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Onboarding Project Management. The Onboarding Specialist is responsible for setting up and managing clients from the time they sign-up until onboarding is complete. They must communicate effectively, collect and analyze information, and move the project through the onboarding process in a timely way.
- Contributing to Onboarding Process Improvement. You will work with the Onboarding Team to identify and implement improvements to onboarding workflow so that clients have a hassle-free and enjoyable experience, while minimizing risk for both our clients and TaxValet.
- Making Sense of Transaction Data. You will unravel and provide documentation for the clients’ transaction data and integrate the data into tax software systems so that you can confirm its accuracy.
- Sales Tax Nexus Reviews. The Onboarding Specialist will analyze various economic and other presence factors to determine where clients have sales tax nexus. They will provide explanations to the client why they have nexus in a state to help inform where they decide to get permits.
- Sales Tax Setting Setup and Testing. The Onboarding Specialist will set up and test tax collection settings on sales platforms to ensure clients are collecting sales tax on their permit start dates.
- Continual Learning. You will prioritize continued learning in areas related to sales tax nexus, product taxability, marketplace, economic nexus, and any other topics or technologies related to the onboarding process.
Specific Measures of Success No surprises here! After a year on the job, you’ll be measured by these specific outcomes:
- Onboarding Speed. By the end of your first year, you are able to finish onboarding an average of 2 clients per month.
- Client Happiness Rating. The clients that you support give you an onboarding NPS (customer happiness) rating of 50 or better. That means the majority of clients score you a 9 or 10 out of 10.
- Onboarding Completion Time. Onboarding clients complete the onboarding process in a median time of less than 90 days.
- Education Hours. The Onboarding Specialist will complete 3 hours per quarter in work related education or training.
Are You Our Next Teammate? We’d love to be in touch. Please apply online with a resume and cover letter. If there’s mutual interest, we’ll reach out to you to collect additional information. Thanks, and we’re looking forward to meeting you.
Location: 100% REMOTE (USA)
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Google Apply with Twitter
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed