Our Client a growing, forward thinking Accounting Firm providing personal responsive service to their small business clients is seeking to hire the right full time Accounting Manager. The firm is focused on implementing best practices and new approaches that challenge the traditional accounting approach. If you’re a leader with the ability to manage an accounting practice this could be the position for you!
Full time, W2
Location: REMOTE within the US
Compensation: $100,000 – $110,000
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in accounting. CPA preferred, but not required.
- 4+ years of experience in an accounting firm is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel
- In Depth Knowledge of UltraTax CS, QuickBooks Desktop and Online
- Able to exercise competence, diligence and a proper understanding of financial information
- Proven strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate within our organization and our valued clients
- Highly motivated, driven and proactive attitude
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills
- Accounting -General Accounting responsibilities, including general ledger, AP, AR, Journal Entries, and Payroll
- Monthly Financial Statement Preparation- Preparing financial statements including Balance Sheets, P & Ls, and Budget vs. Actual financial analysis
- Client Onboarding – Working with new clients to clean up books and records, file back tax returns, and get current on accounting and tax responsibilities. Includes establishing and documenting custom procedures for each client to meet client needs and firm standards.
- Deadline Management –Reference financial calendar to ensure all deadlines are met
- Staff Training and Mentoring – This position will be responsible for overseeing and training junior staff.
- Tax– Though primarily an accounting role, tax considerations drive our business.
- The successful accounting manager will understand relevant tax laws and be able to contribute on the tax side of the business from time to time.
About Our Client:
- This is a small firm where every person matters.
- Managers are crucial to our future success. You will have opportunity to influence firm strategy, culture, and service offerings.
- Wide range of clients to provide variety and opportunities for growth.
- Our firm is cloud based, which provides opportunity for in person, remote, or hybrid work.
- No crazy tax seasons. The owner has 4 children and is home every night for dinner.
Current Client Benefits:
- Flexible Work Days
- Remote or In-Office Work
- Health Stipend
- Paid Time Off
By clicking 'Send Application' you agree to receive periodic emails of cloud and remote jobs from Accountingfly. You can unsubscribe at any time.Apply with Google Apply with Twitter
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed